The City of Santa Monica needs a champion on City Council who cares about local businesses, homeowners and renters alike.
As a lifelong resident of Santa Monica, I am running for City Council to restore public trust in our government by restoring public safety to our streets!
I have devoted my career to public service. I have a MA in PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION and am the FOUNDER of a youth center, CHAIR of Santa Monica’s Pico Neighborhood Association, and 18-year MEMBER OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION for the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District.
As the father of two children, I have a personal commitment to advancing public safety and the well-being of ALL Santa Monicans.
I am a PROVEN LEADER who will:
- ENFORCE our laws with “Compassionate Accountability” to protect our public spaces while supporting those in need,
- STOP irresponsible development and gentrification and protect renters and small businesses from displacement,
- CHALLENGE the culture of corruption at City Hall that promotes profit over people,
- ENSURE that resident needs and concerns are given priority over tourists,
- DEFEND workers from lay-offs caused by fiscal mismanagement,
- FIGHT for social, economic, environmental & racial justice.
Santa Monica needs a champion for residents to hold our government accountable. Elect OSCAR DE LA TORRE to bring needed CHANGE to Santa Monica.